The LZ Area Chamber of Commerce’s Government Affairs Committee studies and analyzes issues of interest of the Villages we represent, and state and federal issues that may affect our business community; takes advocacy positions on certain issues; and communicates the Chamber’s viewpoint clearly to our membership, elected officials, and the community at large.
The Chamber has joined nearly fifty Chambers across the state in urging the Illinois Legislature to provide additional economic and regulatory relief for businesses. Last spring, Chambers All In for Economic Recovery launched its inaugural platform. The coalition released its updated platform for 2022. The following items will help bolster a business bottom line and allow for continued growth and investment in Illinois:
- Utilize American Rescue Plan Act funding to help replenish the unemployment trust fund alleviate the impending financial drain from the state’s businesses.
- Provide legal protections to employers who follow the CDC established safety guidelines from claims that COVID-19 was contracted at the place of business.
- Extend and expand the Minimum Wage Credit for an additional three years by carrying over each tier of credit for an extra calendar
- For example, the 13 percent credit for reporting periods beginning on or after January 1, 2023, and ending on or before December 31, 2023, would now end on or before December 31, 2024, under the proposed extension/expansion.
- Extend the EDGE credit sunset clause out for another ten years and utilize the tax credit as an incentive to attract new businesses to the state and allow for the growth and development of existing companies.
People interested in learning more about the All In platform should contact the chamber at 847.438.5572.
Our Local Senate & House Representatives
Illinois Congress Michael Quigley (D) – 5th District
Janice Schakowsky (D) – 9th District
Illinois Senate Dan McConchie (R) – 26th District
Illinois House Nabeela Syed (D) – 51st District
Share Your Concerns
Recent Chamber Events
Representative Sean Casten’s Video Update
US Chamber of Commerce
The LZ Area Chamber of Commerce is in regular communication with the US Chamber of Commerce so that we steer our legislative agenda and decisions in a direction that best suits the needs of our business members.
We endorse the work of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation on the launch of the new Sharing Solutions, which is a resource hub designed to empower businesses to help combat the opioid crisis. We hope that you will take the time to explore the site and benefit from the information provided.
Sharing Solutions offers employer and employee resources and showcases innovative solutions to address the opioid crisis. Resources include – education and prevention techniques, how to create a drug free workplace, how to work with benefit providers and more. This site also offers the ability to suggest a resource or story you have found helpful.
Join businesses across our community and country in combating the crisis and saving lives.
Illinois Chamber of Commerce
The LZ Area Chamber of Commerce is a member of the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, which provides us access to elected officials at the state and national level through the Illinois Chamber. Their goal is to promote a pro-business agenda and defeat anti-business legislation, regulations and rules.
As a member, we participate in their Government Affairs Council and have a direct voice in the development and recommendation of policy statements.
Resources they offer, which we share with our members, include:
- Electronic Publications – President’s Message, Government Affairs Report and Illinois Business Leader Magazine
- Answers to important HR, labor law and compliance questions
- Legislative summary and scorecard after each General Assembly
- State Chamber Alerts – Urgent policy information you need to know about it
Tweet Us Using #LZACCgov
Join the conversation: #LZACCgov Tweets