The Lake Zurich Area Chamber of Commerce has established a Government Affairs Committee to study and analyze issues of interest of the Villages we represent and their business community; to take advocacy positions on those issues; and to communicate the Chamber’s viewpoint clearly to our membership, elected officials, and the community at large.
The Chamber’s focus for 2018 will be on the following areas based on our recent member survey:
- Encouraging a better tax and regulatory environment
- Support reduction of healthcare costs and reform of the Illinois insurance system
- Scrutinizing and informing members of proposed Service Tax
- Employment law issues including Workers’ Compensation, overtime laws, an minimum wage increase
- Supporting and working to move forward with the Marketplace Fairness Act proposals
- Creating a business friendly environment through reasonable business code requirements, a better understanding of current codes, and streamlined permitting and approval processes
New Laws In Illinois for 2018
Click image for a pdf of the new 2018 laws in the state of Illinois
For more information on all of the IL bills in the General Assembly, visit: www.ilga.gov.