The LZ Area Chamber of Commerce, along with contributions from area businesses, will award up to $1,000 scholarships at their 2021 Winning Hands Member Appreciation & Awards Event, to be held in January 2021. Applicants must be either:
- A Member or Child of a Member of the LZ Area Chamber of Commerce
- A Resident of Lake Zurich, Hawthorn Woods, Kildeer, Long Grove or Deer Park
Applicants must fall into one of the following categories:
- High School Graduate Pursuing College
- College Graduate Pursuing Entrepreneurship
- Individual Seeking Adult Continuing Education
- Professional Seeking Leadership Training
Scholarships must be used within the first year of being awarded. The award check will be payable to the student upon verification of enrollment through the school or program.
A committee from the general membership of the LZ Area Chamber of Commerce will evaluate applications based on the established criteria. Recommendations from this committee will be tabulated to determine the winners.
Scholarships are awarded based upon one or more of the following, as well as answers to the essay questions in the application:
- Academic Merit (must have a 3.0 out of 4.0 GPA to be considered)
- Community Involvement, including volunteer or employment positions
- Leadership Roles and/or Recognition
If you are a high school or college student, please submit a copy of your unofficial school transcripts to the LZ Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee via email or mail. Applications and supporting documents must be submitted by OCTOBER 31, 2020. The online application is below. If submitting a paper application, please write your full name on the cover page only. Paper applications can be mailed or delivered to: LZ Area Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee, 444 S. Rand Road, Suite 308, Lake Zurich, IL 60047.
For further information or to donate to the scholarship program, please contact the Chamber office at info@LZACC.com or 847-438-5572.