LZ Invitational Networking Committee (LZINC)
The LZ Area Chamber of Commerce offers its members the opportunity to join the LZ Invitational Networking Committee (LZINC), a business networking group whose members help you spread the word about your business! LZINC members represent different types of non-competing organizations. We meet on the first and third Thursdays at 7:45am to 9:00am at an LZACC member restaurant. Our goal is to seek out sales leads for each other through our wide range of business contacts.
Reasons to join LZINC
- LZINC members spread the net to their contacts to capture sales leads for you.
- Learn about other companies in your community whose businesses may help you and your personal and business contacts.
- Network to gain ideas from other members to help you grow your business.
- As a member of LZINC, become involved with the group in LZ Area Chamber of Commerce events.
- Meet new people who live and work in your community — not only for sales leads but also for personal friendships.
- Get connected with others who are active and involved in your community.
- Enjoy a breakfast meeting, twice a month, with your LZINC colleagues to share successes and support each other.
Need to contact one of our members?
President Vasili Russis
847-382-9130 Email Vasili
VP/Treasurer Avis Bonnett
847-702-5400 Email Avis
Secretary Renee Clark
847-612-0027 Email Renee
Welcome to LZINC!
The following are guidelines to help you get acquainted with us and maximize the benefits of joining our group while simultaneously becoming a valued contributing member. More details are provided in the By-Laws which are included in this Welcome packet.
We normally meet the first and third Thursday of the month at an LZACC member Restaurant from 7:45– 9:00 a.m. with breakfast included except when a holiday or other LZ Area Chamber of Commerce (LZACC) event occurs on that Thursday.
LZ Invitational Networking Committee (LZINC) is a networking committee of the LZ Area Chamber of Commerce. Our objective is to generate new and additional business through members actively promoting each other. This is accomplished through:
- Personal recommendations
- Valid and timely business referrals and leads
- Member to member transactions
Benefits to all members
- Timely referrals that provide business growth opportunities
- An environment to discuss business issues and obtain feedback from fellow business people
- Social connections to business owners in the local community
- Get listed on our membership directory by emailing us.
All members should send testimonials by e-mail to the LZINC Secretary when they have enjoyed the services of an LZINC member to assist in promoting their business. Be reminded that what we send out comes back to us in future testimonials for our own services.
New Member Mentoring
New members will be assigned a mentor from the group for the first 90 days of their membership to help guide them and help them become familiar with the group. The Mentor will also help them select a committee to join.
Our responsibilities as members
- Arrive at the meeting start time of 7:45 a.m.
- Attend all scheduled meetings of the committee. However no more than three meetings per quarter may be missed by an LZINC member organization without consideration of special circumstances. Chamber Business Connections (breakfasts and lunches) are considered a replacement for missed meetings. Members are encouraged to wear their LZINC name badge to these meetings and mention their membership in LZINC when they formally introduce themselves. Members can also send a guest in their place to an LZINC meeting to count as present; the substitute guest should present a 60 second introduction about the member and then can add their own 60 second introduction provided that their services do not conflict with an existing LZINC member.
- Enthusiastically furnish VALID and TIMELY business referrals or leads on a continuing basis to other members. A monthly average of one (1) referral shall be considered the minimum requirement after the first month of membership.
- Be prepared to provide a lead, enthusiastic introduction or member testimonial during their 30 second introduction each weekly meeting.
- Provide a semi-annual presentation about their business to assist in helping members better understand their business.
- Maintain active membership in the LZ Chamber of Commerce.
Dues and Payment
Dues invoices (currently $90/qtr. as of 06/01/2019) are sent approximately 30 days prior to a quarter’s end. Payment is due on the first day of the quarter. It is each member’s responsibility to budget for this cost and make timely payment. The Dues payment includes the cost of breakfast served at meetings.
New members will also be assessed a one time $50 initiation fee.
Members should e-mail a request to the LZINC President if they want to bring a guest as a potential new member. This allows for a review of whether there are any conflicts in bringing the specific guest. Information to be provided with the request should include the name of the guest, their business name and their profession/category.
It is the host member’s responsibility to educate their guest briefly prior to attending the LZINC meeting on when it is appropriate or not appropriate to speak up and promote themselves as a guest at the meeting. They must also be educated to promote themselves only for their stated line of business which was accepted with their invitation. This is not aimed at restricting guests but at supporting and protecting existing members and their stated lines of business.
A guest who attends at least one LZINC meeting is considered a lead generated for the host member.
Members’ commitment to LZINC extends beyond attending the 1 ½ hour breakfast meetings. The group strongly believes that in order to generate leads from the group for your business you must be able to give leads to other members of LZINC. To be able to give leads to others effectively you will need to know those people and we believe the best way to do that is to spend time with them and get to know them on a deeper level.
The Chamber hosts numerous events throughout the year which offer opportunities to promote your business and particularly get to know LZINC members in another setting and to help them promote their businesses as well. Regular monthly Chamber events are typically two Business After Hours and one Business Connections (either breakfast or lunch). It would be expected that you attend some of these events during the year.
In addition, LZINC plans extracurricular events to foster spending time together in a more social setting, which allows us to get to know each others’ families and significant others as well. There are also other events such as a summer event and a Holiday party held in January. It is highly encouraged that you attend these events each year. The events are funded out of our membership dues. You are also encouraged to bring your spouse or significant other to the holiday party and your entire family to the summer event.
LZINC also believes in giving back to the community. The group selects activities for involvement. Members are encouraged to contribute their time to help.
Involuntary Termination of Membership
An LZINC member may be removed by vote of the steering committee when a member is in arrears in quarterly fees for a period of one (1) quarter and one (1) month. They may also lose their reserved place for their category of business within LZINC due to non-payment of dues which could allow a competitor to replace them.
We encourage you to ask active questions of your mentor in LZINC as you discover how best to be a part of our group but we also want you to know who your leaders/steering committee are and how to contact them.
Please be reminded that you can also check our website member list, located in the tab menu on the bottom of our page, for any of our members.
NETWORKING GROUP APPLICATION
Applicant’s Name: _______________________________________________________________
Business Name: _________________________________________________________________
Billing Address: _______________________________
City___________ State____ Zip_________
Describe your Product and or Services:
1. Is the occupation under which you are applying for membership full or part-time? F / P
2. Are you willing to make the commitment to arrive at our meetings on time (7:30am) and stay the full 90 minutes? YES / NO
3. Is there a colleague or other professional who can attend meetings on your behalf, should you be unable to attend? YES / NO
4. Do you belong to any other networking organizations? YES / NO
Please list those groups _________________________________________________________
Are you an officer or committee members / chairperson? YES / NO
5. Do you feel confident that you will be able to provide an average of at least 1 qualified lead per month to the group?
6. Based on your 2 previous visits as a guest, why do you feel you personally and your business would be a good fit for LZINC?
Part III Application Process
1. A prospective member must attend two consecutive meetings.
2. Member must Review By-Laws and New Member Packet.
3. If there is a potential conflict with a current member, the perspective member must meet with the current member as well as submit a brief letter stating why you feel no conflict exists along with this membership application to the Membership Chairperson.
4. Submit this application to the Membership Chairperson.
5. Membership committee will review and make its recommendation to the E-Board.
6. Membership Committee will verify that the perspective member is a current member in good standing of the LZACC.
7. Prospective member will be asked to leave their 3rd meeting 10 minutes early. A vote will be conducted by the entire group. The membership chairperson will contact the prospective member as to the outcome of the group vote.
LZ AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
LZ INVITATIONAL NETWORKING COMMITTEE (LZINC)
BY-LAWS, POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Download Printable Form
SECTION I MISSION STATEMENT/OBJECTIVE
LZ Invitational Networking Committee (LZINC) is a networking committee of the LZ Area Chamber of Commerce (LZACC). The objective is to generate new and additional business through members actively promoting each other. This is accomplished through:
A) Personal recommendations
B) Valid and timely business referrals and leads
C) Member to member transactions
SECTION II MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA
Any member of the LZ Area Chamber of Commerce (LZACC) is eligible to apply for and maintain membership in the LZ Invitational Networking Committee (LZINC) per the following criteria:
A) Have an active membership in LZACC
B) Be a duly organized and active business or organization
C) Be a LZACC member in good standing without any unresolved poor business practices, complaints or unpaid fees/dues.
D) Only one (1) organization per business class will be allowed to participate in LZINC.
E) An LZACC member who is a member of another LZACC networking group will not be eligible for membership in LZINC.
SECTION III MEMBERSHIP SELECTION
A) Applications for membership shall be submitted to the LZACC and forwarded to the LZINC steering committee for evaluation and action. Membership shall be by business class as recorded in the official LZACC Community Guide. All applications will remain the property and responsibility of the LZACC.
B) A prospective member must be invited to a networking meeting by a current LZINC member or LZACC staff. Further, a prospective member must attend at least one meeting before being considered to join LZINC. No prospective member will be able to attend more than two meetings without joining LZINC. Information concerning a potential member will be provided by the LZINC steering committee to the membership.
C) Any LZINC member may object to an applicant based on membership eligibility criteria. If a member desires to object to an applicant, the objection must be made in writing to the steering committee within two (2) weeks of the application.
D) The steering committee may deny membership to an applicant based on membership criteria. If an applicant is denied membership on such grounds, the applicant will be advised of such actions and be placed on a business class waiting list maintained by the LZACC.
E) Upon applicants’ approval for membership an invitation from the steering committee will be extended. An applicant will become a member upon:
1) Attending an orientation meeting
2) Payment of initiation fee
3) Payment of quarterly membership fee
SECTION IV-MEMBERSHIP TERMINATION
An LZINC member may be removed by vote of the steering committee when:
A) If in its judgment the best interest of LZINC will be served.
B) If member is in arrears in quarterly fees for a period of one (1) quarter and one (1) month.
C) If member fails to attend the required number of meetings and/or provide the minimum number of valid and timely business referrals and leads.
D) Automatic and immediate termination of membership in LZINC shall be effective when:
1) The LZINC member business/organization ceases to be a member of the LZACC.
2) The LZINC member ceases to be an employee of the participating business/organization.
3) The LZINC member engages in or participates in unethical business or personal activities that are unbecoming of LZINC and/or LZACC.
SECTION V-MEETING DAY / TIME / FREQUENCY
A) Regular meetings of LZINC shall be held on the first and third Thursday of each month except when a holiday or another LZACC event occurs on that Thursday.
B) Meetings shall start promptly at 7:45 a.m. and conclude no later than 9:00 a.m.
SECTION VI-MEMBERSHIP FEES AND DUES
A) A one time initiation charge as defined in Appendix A (1) shall be assessed and be payable upon acceptance of an application for membership.
B) Each member shall pay quarterly dues to cover cost of meetings and committee printed material plus a quarterly flat amount for the breakfast served at each meeting as defined in Appendix A (2 & 3). An invoice for dues and fees will be sent to each member approximately thirty (30) days prior to the start of the quarter. Payment is due on the first day of the quarter.
C) Guests may attend a maximum of two meetings, by invitation of a member before becoming a member. Their cost as guests is absorbed by the treasury.
D) Fees are non-refundable and cannot be reduced because of non-attendance.
E) LZINC is not a revenue generating committee of the Chamber. The fees and associated dues are intended to cover the cost of doing business and should be sufficient to cover all operating expenses.
F) LZINC will not become involved in any type of sponsorship that would require the use of LZINC funds.
SECTION VII OBLIGATIONS OF MEMBERS
A) Members are expected to attend all scheduled meetings of the committee. However, if personal or business situations occur necessitating absences an alternate may attend the meeting. However, no more than three (3) meetings per quarter may be missed by a LZINC member organization without consideration of special circumstances.
B) Continued absence for reasons other than critical, personal situations shall be grounds for automatic membership termination. Additionally, a member’s position will be considered vacated and open to a new member in that business class if the member misses three (3) consecutive scheduled meetings without notifying the steering committee with a creditable business or personal excuse.
C) Members are expected to pay their quarterly dues on or before the first day of each quarter.
D) Members are expected to enthusiastically furnish VALID and TIMELY business referrals or leads on a continuing basis to other members. A monthly average of one (1) referral or lead shall be considered the minimum requirement after the first month of membership. Failure to provide the minimum number of referrals or leads shall be grounds for termination of membership.
E) Members are expected to participate by presenting “CRAFT TALKS” about their businesses and other speaking activities and to assist in helping members better understand their business.
F) Members are expected to take active responsibility for the success of the weekly meetings, organizational activities and overall development of LZINC.
SECTION VIII-STEERING COMMITTEE
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A) The affairs of LZINC shall be managed by a steering committee consisting of a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The responsibilities of the steering committee shall include acting upon nominations and applications for membership, establishing committee policies and procedures and generally managing activities associated with the on-going business of LZINC.
B) The term of office of steering committee members shall be one (1) year. Each year, the positions will be subject to a membership election in early December. Newly elected officers will take office at the first scheduled meeting in January.
C) Each steering committee member shall hold office until a successor has been duly elected or has resigned or has been removed in the manner herein provided.
D) A steering member elected or appointed may be removed by vote of the membership if in its judgment the best interest of LZINC will be served. A steering committee member whose firm ceases to be a Chamber member, ceases to be a representative of the member firm or is no longer employed by the member firm shall automatically be deemed to have resigned from the steering committee.
E) A vacancy in any office is immediately subject to an open election by the members of LZINC for the unexpired portion of the vacated term.
F) Vacated positions will be temporarily filled by the succeeding officer until an election is held.
1) If the President position is vacated, the Vice President will step in as President.
2) If the Vice President position is vacated, the Secretary will step in as Vice President.
3) If the Secretary position is vacated, the Treasurer will step in as Secretary.
4) If the Treasurer position is vacated, the President and Vice President will appoint a member to step in.
SECTION IX-LZINC RELATIONSHIP TO LZACC
A) LZINC shall be a free-standing self-contained committee of the Chamber.
B) LZINC shall draw its members from the current and active membership of the LZACC.
C) LZINC shall pay the LZACC a quarterly fee as defined in Appendix A (4) to cover clerical support services provided by the LZACC. This fee shall be deducted from LZINC funds maintained by the LZACC on the last day of each quarter.
Section X-Sabbatical Perimeters
A. Must be a member in good standings for at least 1 year
Must be current with dues / provided requisite number of leads for the past year and have maintained attendance requirements
- Must have a valid family, health or business related reason for the sabbatical
- Must be in writing and submitted to the LZINC President and the Membership Chairperson
- Must be approved by the LZINC executive committee
- Must stay current with Chamber membership and $90 per quarter LZINC dues
- Sabbatical reviewed every quarter. Not renewable after 12 months
- Must give a one presentation every 6 months
- Must attend 1 meeting per quarter
- Must provide at least 1 lead per quarter
- Will not have voting rights during sabbatical period
- Should a competing business ask to be considered you will be given right of first refusal to either re-join the group on a full time basis or drop out of the group
New Member Initiation Fee $50.00
Quarterly Membership Dues $90.00
LZACC Quarterly Administrative Fee $150.00 (group based)