LZACC Events & Communication Manager Job Description
Title: Events & Communications Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Est. Hours: 15 hours/week (with plan to increase to 30 hours/week by January 2021)
Benefits: Flexible work schedules; potential for virtual working, professional development as fit for position and Chamber industry; quarterly goal setting; annual review and year-end bonus based on performance
The Events & Communications Manager serves as the primary event organizer for all events hosted by the Chamber. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring proper communication of Chamber benefits and initiatives to the community at large, as defined in the strategic plan and annual planning guide. As a team player, he/she will be knowledgeable, with training, on all aspects of the Chamber and be able assist where needed.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be organized and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must work effectively with volunteer members, media and general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must have working knowledge of computer systems and software, specifically Microsoft programs. Knowledge of QuickBooks is also preferred.
- Able to occasionally work early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed for events.
Essential Job Functions
- Handles all aspects of Chamber events from start to finish
- Coordinates venues, set-up, catering, attendees, sponsors, and volunteers, as well as the marketing promotion of each event
- Creates and distributes event emails (including post-event), maintains records of events, and makes recommendations for future events
- Oversees the registration/check-in table and welcomes members at all events
- Overseas and prepares promotional materials for the Chamber’s events and ensures the correct promotional materials are at event registration tables
- Oversees necessary volunteer event committees to ensure work and goals are met – scheduling meetings, agendas, minutes, tasks as a result of meetings; requires volunteer management
- Drafts and distributes all email communication
- Weekly Happenings
- Shared & Exclusive weekly emails (paid by members)
- Additional emails as suitable to further promote Chamber events and initiatives
- Updates the Chamber’s website as needed
- Plans, writes and executes communication for all social media platforms
- Facebook, members only Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Prepares press releases for events and distributes to media, including submitting event photos to press
- Participates as needed in Chamber volunteer committee meetings: Government Affairs, Marketing/Tech, Experience, Ambassadors, etc.
- Assists in onboarding new members
- Assists in Chamber mailing production
- Assists with year-end planning: event calendars, member planning guide, annual documents, etc.
- Answers phones, responds to general emails and walk-ins as needed
- Perform other duties as requested by Executive Director
- Must be organized and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must work effectively with volunteer members, media and the general public
- Must have working knowledge of computer systems and software, specifically Microsoft programs
- Basic graphic design skills a plus
- Able to occasionally work early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed for events
- Requires light to moderate lifting and transportation to and from events/meetings
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Events & Communications Manager. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.