Title: Events & Communication Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Based upon experience
The Events & Communications Manager serves as the primary event coordinator and communications liaison for the Chamber of Commerce and at the direction of the Executive Director. The position is required to participate in event committee meetings and work with committee chairs to oversee all aspects of the Chamber’s events.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be organized and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must work effectively with volunteer members, media and general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must have working knowledge of computer systems and software, specifically Microsoft programs. Knowledge of QuickBooks is also preferred.
- Able to occasionally work early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed for events.
Summary of Job Functions:
- Actively works with event committee chairs and volunteers for the Chamber signature events. Serves as the secretary on event committees by taking minutes at meetings, prepares and distributes agendas per the direction of the chair. Creates and distributes event emails, maintains records of events, makes recommendations for future events.
- Coordinates set-up, catering, and securing of facility for Chamber’s regular monthly events including Business After Hours, Business Connections Breakfast, Business Skills Luncheons, and Board of Directors Luncheons.
- Oversees the registration/check-in table and welcomes members at all events.
- Prepares promotional materials for the Chamber’s information table at all events.
- At the discretion of the Executive Director, attends monthly Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings to take notes for minutes.
- Updates the Chamber’s website on a monthly basis or as needed.
- Updates Chamber’s social media platforms with current and relevant information, posts, and event photos.
- Prepares press releases for events and distributes to media.
- Answers phones, responds to general emails and assists members as needed.
- Assists members with registering for Chamber events as needed.
- Assist with the implementation of advertising plans and strategies for Chamber events.
- Perform other duties as requested.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Events & Communications Manager. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.