About the LZ Area Chamber of Commerce
The LZ Area Chamber of Commerce is an action-oriented volunteer based organization serving the communities of Deer Park, Hawthorn Woods, Kildeer, Lake Zurich, Long Grove, and North Barrington. Over 500 local business investors work through the Chamber to advance economic growth and help create a desirable place to work and live. The Chamber asserts a leadership role in the development of increased business opportunities, the unification of our multiple communities, the advancement of a pro-business legislative agenda, and in the promotion of community enrichment.
The LZ Area Chamber of Commerce is the largest business support organization serving businesses in Ela Township and the Southwest region of Lake County. Our membership consists of a majority of the businesses and service organizations in the area, and is recognized as a positive influence on the economic development of, and as a valuable resource to businesses and residents in the six communities and surrounding areas it serves.
Businesses consider the Chamber as the first source of contact for:
- Information about available local services, ordinances, and current legislation.
- Support for or against current and proposed issues affecting businesses.
- Information about current and upcoming community events and activities.
Businesses join and participate in the Chamber because of the:
- Positive image and reputation Chamber membership provides.
- Beneficial relationships they form with other local business members.
- Opportunities for them to volunteer and become involved in the community.
- Support and resources the Chamber provides.
The general public knows that the Chamber is the first point of contact for:
- Information on a specific business or recommendations on which business to contact for a particular service or product.
- Information on available services in the area.
- General information on area events, activities, and resources.
The mission of the LZ Area Chamber of Commerce is to enhance the economic vitality of our members and communities.
- Integrity– conducting all of our business with honesty, soundness of mind and with adherence to the Chamber’s Code of Ethics.
- Leadership- providing our members sound and consistent direction to advance the mission and values of the Chamber.
- Relationships – building of strong and lasting business and community relations.
- Excellence – striving to achieve excellence with programs and in organizational service providing benefit to the businesses.
- Innovative – leading the community with new ideas, technology and ways of conducting business.
- Teamwork – working together as an award winning team to achieve successful outcomes.
- Fun – providing a culture of fun and enjoyment for all involved.
The Strategic Priorities identified to support the Mission and Vision includes:
- Business Development – Create a strong and growing business community in the LZ Area.
- Community Betterment – Contribute to the high quality of life that makes our community a dynamic place to live, work, and pursue business opportunities.
- Organizational Vitality – Ensure the success and growth of the Chamber through recruitment of new members, involvement and retention of current members, and a sound financial foundation.
Chamber Branding Statement
“Leading Businesses.” Reflects the historic success and core equity of the Chamber. It also represents what businesses become as a result of participation in the Chamber and its programs.
“Leading Communities.” Speaks to the expanded role that chamber’s play in today’s communities, as well as what communities become as a result of strong healthy chambers.
Bylaws, Strategic Plan and Policies
4 Primary Benefits
Economic Opportunities: The Chamber enhances and leverages the talents and resources of its members to improve economic opportunities.
Advocacy: The Chamber is an advocate for its broad and diverse member businesses, creating a climate of growth and success.
Impact: The Chamber provides unique opportunities for individuals and businesses to make a difference by connecting them to important community issues.
Focus: The Chamber helps build stronger communities by staying focused and involved in the top business, civic and social priorities.
Thank you for your interest in the LZ Area Chamber of Commerce. The LZ Area Chamber provides members opportunities to network with fellow business people and to meet prospective clients or potential employees while supporting and building our community. We hope you decide to join and take advantage of all of it has to offer.
A sampling of Chamber benefits include:
- Networking opportunities at Monthly Business After Hours, Economic Forums, Annual Business & Community Expo, Golf Outing, and more.
- Advertising and sponsorship opportunities in our publications and at events including our website, the annual LZ Area Lifestyle magazine, the by-yearly LZ Area Map and more.
- A listing in the Business Directory on our website which includes a link to your website.
- Access to the Chamber’s 500+ member businesses.
- Educational and economic forums throughout the year which provide practical information to improve your business.
The LZ Area Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to keeping members informed about local government, the educational system, the business community, and to providing members with the networking opportunities they need to succeed.
We would love to see you at one our upcoming events listed on the calendar enclosed!
Thank you again for your interest in joining the Chamber. Please call at anytime if you have questions or need further information about the LZ Area Chamber of Commerce.
Click on links below for more information: